Last Updated: June 7, 2021
This Privacy Notice describes how Westcor Land Title Insurance Company (“WLTIC”) and its subsidiaries and affiliates, including X1 Analytics, Inc. (collectively, “Westcor”, “us”, “our”, “we”) collect, use, store, and share your information.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect from or about you: (1) when you access or use our websites at www.wltic.com and www.x1analytics.com (“Websites”); (2) when you access or use our products and/or services (“Services”); (3) when you communicate with us in any manner, including by email, telephone, and/or in person (“Communications”); and (4) from third party sources.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. The practices described herein are subject to the laws in the places in which we operate.
BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING OUR WEBSITES, SERVICES, OR BY ENGAGING IN COMMUNICATIONS, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
What Type Of Information Do We Collect About You?
Depending upon how you interact with our Services, the nature of your Communications, how we interact with third-parties, and Websites, we may collect the following categories of information from and about you:
- Contact information (email address, physical address, telephone number)
- Title insurance policy number, and history of your insurance purchases.
- Social security number.
- Driver’s license number or related identification number.
- Date of birth.
- Bank account information.
- Credit or debit card information.
- Protected characteristics under state and federal law, including race, age, sex, gender, and ethnicity.
- Records of your services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing and consuming histories and tendencies.
- Correspondence (including email and chat).
- Reports of issues with our Websites and Services.
- Usage and activity information relating to our Websites and Services.
- Search queries on our Websites.
- Technical information gathered when you visit our Websites, including device and browser information, Internet service provider or mobile carrier, referring and exit pages, date and time stamps, clickstream data, location information, and IP address.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
We collect your information in three ways:
Directly from you when you use our Services, Websites and engage in Communications, including but not limited to:
- Information you provide by filling forms in person or electronically, including information provided at the time of signing up for our Services, posting material or requesting further services or information.
- Information you provide when you access or use our Services.
- Information you provide when you enter a sweepstakes, contest or promotion sponsored or offered by us.
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (e.g., email address) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites, and delivery of Services to you.
- Your search queries on the Websites.
Automatically when you access or use our Services and Websites, or when you engage in Communications, including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to the Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data.
- Information about your computer and mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Interactivity with an e-mail, including opening, navigating, and click-through information.
From third parties, including but not limited to:
- Data analytics providers for the purpose of receiving statistical data about your activity on our Websites.
- Third-party service providers, including but not limited to Internet service providers, fraud prevention services, claims processors, and related partners.
- Public sources, including local, state, and federal government agencies and departments, to facilitate your use of the Websites and to provide you with our Services.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information outlined in What Type of Information Do We Collect About You? for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including but not limited to:
- Provide the Websites to you;
- Provide the Products you have requested;
- Fulfill a transaction you requested or service your policy;
- Handle a claim;
- Create and manage your account;
- Operate the Applications and Websites, including access management, payment processing, Application and/or Website administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and for statistical purposes;
- Respond to your requests, feedback, or inquiries;
- Comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
- Comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
- Protect and enforce your rights and the rights of other users against unlawful activity, including identity theft and fraud;
- Protect and enforce our collective rights arising under any agreements entered into between us and you or any other third party;
- Protect the integrity and maintain security of our Websites and Services;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business;
- Provide you with information and advertisements about products, services, and promotions, from us or affiliates, that may interest you;
- Deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use the Websites;
- Present content in a manner that is optimized for your device; and
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of the Applications, Websites, and Products we provide to you.
How Do We Share Your Information?
We do not sell your information. We may, however, disclose or share the information referenced in What Type of Information Do We Collect About You with others for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including:
- In a business transfer. We may disclose or share your information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction.
- To non-affiliated third parties. We may disclose or share your information with certain third parties to facilitate your access and use of our Websites and Services, including but not limited to Internet service providers, advertising networks, data analytics providers, governmental entities, operating systems and platforms, and service providers who provide us a service (e.g., credit / debit card processing, claims processing, billing, shipping, repair, customer service, auditing, marketing, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality on our Websites, and/or protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity).
- To subsidiaries and affiliates. We may disclose or share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to further facilitate your use of our Websites and Services, and to ensure the smooth and consistent operations of our Websites and Services by identifying and repairing errors that impede intended functionality and to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- For legal process and protection. We may disclose or share your information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for Services;
- Protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others;
- In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation – in court or elsewhere;
- Protect users of our Websites and Services and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services;
- Facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government;
Links To Third Party Sites
Our Websites may contain links to third party websites and services. Please note that these links are provided for your convenience and information, and the websites and services may operate independently from us and have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. This Privacy Notice applies to our Websites only, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies or practices of any third parties.
Third Party Tracking / Do Not Track
Our Websites may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, over time and across our different Websites. When you use our Websites, third parties may also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Websites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
How Do We Store and Protect Your Information?
Although no system can guarantee the complete security of your information, we take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure your information is protected in alignment with all applicable laws and regulations, as appropriate to the sensitivity of your information.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. If we dispose of your information, we will do so in a way that is secure and appropriate to nature of the information subject to disposal.
Cookies and Related Technology
We may also use analytic software, such as Google Analytics and others, to help better understand how our Applications and Websites function on your device(s) and for other analytical purposes. To learn more about how Google uses data when you use our Applications and Websites, see How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Below is an overview of the types of cookies and related technology we deploy, and your choices.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use locally stored objects called flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Applications and Websites. We also may include cookies to provide aggregate reporting. Some of our Websites and may allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies that are necessary to deliver video content for Adobe Flash Player. You cannot remove flash cookies simply by changing your browser settings. If you would like to limit the websites that can store information in flash cookies on your device, you must visit the Adobe website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
- Beacons. Our Websites and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, storage, and sharing of your information. Please note that for some of these rights, such as the Right to Know and Right to Delete, we will verify your identity before we respond to your request. To verify your identity, we will generally match the identifying information provided in your request with the information we have on file about you. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information requested to be deleted, we may also utilize more stringent verification methods to verify your identity, including but not limited to requesting additional information from you and/or requiring you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury.
- Right of Correction. Regardless of where you live, you may submit a request that we correct or update the information we have about you.
- Right to Know. If you are a California resident, you have a right to ask that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the 12 months preceding the date of your request, including a description of the categories of sources from which we have collected that information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing that information, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared that information. To submit such a request, you may submit an e-mail to email@example.com or call toll-free at (866) 629-5842. You may also designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf.
- Right to Delete. If you are a California resident, you have a right to ask that we delete your personal information, subject to appropriate legal exceptions. To submit such a request, you may submit an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at (866) 629-5842. You may also designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf.
- Right to Change Preferences. Regardless of where you live, you may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts. Please e-mail email@example.com
- Right to Unsubscribe from Our Marketing and Advertising Communications. Regardless of where you live, you may choose whether you want to receive marketing and advertising from us. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Control Advertising and Online Tracking. Regardless of where you live, you have a right to control how your information is tracked online. To learn more about these rights, see Cookies and Related Technologies.
Right of Non-Discrimination. You have a right to exercise your rights under this section free of discrimination. We will not discriminate against you in any way if you choose to exercise your rights under this section.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). All terms and phrases used under this section shall have the same meaning as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and related regulations (“CCPA”).
- Rights. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations, you have a Right to Know, Right to Delete, and Right to Non-Discrimination. To learn more about these rights, see Your Choices.
- Notice of Sale. We do not sell California resident personal information, nor have we sold California resident personal information in the past 12 months. We have no actual knowledge of selling the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
- Notice of Collection. To learn more about the categories of personal information we have collected about California residents over the last 12 months, see What Information Do We Collect About You. To learn about the sources from which we have collected that information, the business and commercial purpose for its collection, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared that information, please see How Do We Collect Your Information, How Do We Use Your Information, and How Do We Share Your Information.
- Notice of Disclosure. To learn more about the categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose about California residents over the last 12 months, including the categories of third parties with whom we have shared that information, please see How Do We Share Your Information.
Our Applications, Services, and Websites are not intended for children under the age of 18. This includes any links to other websites that we provide for our convenience. We don’t knowingly collect the information of children for any reason.
Our Websites are hosted and offered in the United States of America (US), and are subject to US federal, state, and local law. If you are accessing the Websites from another country, please be advised that you may be transferring your information to us in the US.
Changes To Our Privacy Practices
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any and all changes will be reflected on this page, and where appropriate provided in person or by another electronic method. The effective date will be stated at the top of this Privacy Notice. You should regularly check this page for any changes to this Privacy Notice.
Your continued use, access, or interaction with our websites, services, and your continued communications with us after this statement has been updated represents you have read and understood this privacy notice.
Who is Covered
In the normal course of business and to provide the necessary services to our customers, we may obtain nonpublic personal information directly from the customer, from customer-related transactions, or from third parties such as our title insurance agents, lenders, appraisers, surveyors or other similar entities.
Access to Information
Access to all nonpublic personal information is limited to those employees who have a need to know in order to perform their jobs. These employees include, but are not limited to, those in departments such as legal, underwriting, claims administration and accounting.
It is the policy of SPECIALTY not to share nonpublic personal information that it collects with anyone other than ou policy issuing agents as necessary to complete the real estate settlement services and issue the title insurance policy requested by our customer. SPECIALTY may share nonpublic personal information as permitted by law with entities with whom SPECIALTY has a joint marketing agreement. Entities with whom SPECIALTY has a joint marketing agreement have agreed to protect the privacy of our customer’s nonpublic personal information by utilizing similar precautions and security measures to those that SPECIALTY uses to protect this information and only to use the information for lawful purposes. SPECIALTY, however, may share information as required by law in response to a subpoena, to a government regulatory agency or to prevent fraud.
SPECIALTY, at all times, strives to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the personal information in its possession and has instituted measures to guard against its unauthorized access. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with federal standards to protect that information.